Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017, 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 21, 2017, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Crossroads Art and Craft Fair will feature more than 50 art and craft vendors from all over the country selling handmade pottery, glass, jewelry, wood, fiber arts items, eclipse-related items and more. Located just north of the SIU Arena, the Crossroads Art and Craft Fair will be in the center of the major public events and viewing venues hosting an estimated 50,000 visitors on the SIU campus and will surely have something for everyone.
Be part of history at the heart of the “Eclipse Crossroads of America” by reserving your vendor area now at the “Crossroads Art and Craft Fair.” Located in the center of the major public events and viewing venues hosting an estimated 50 thousand visitors on the SIU campus, the art and craft fair will be held Sunday and Monday, August 20 and 21, 2017. Millions from across the US are expected to travel to the path of totality to see the eclipse which passes directly over Carbondale and reaches its point of greatest duration just a few miles south of the SIU campus. This art and craft fair is a unique opportunity to showcase your quality handmade wares to a large and diverse population of visitors to the SIU campus.
- $250 Per Booth, 15’x15’
- $35/each: Table with 2 chairs
- $100: Electricity
- $25 per vehicle: Parking for 2 days
- August 20, 2017, 10:30am – 7:00pm
- August 21, 2017, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Load-in: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 7:00am – 10:30am
Load-out: Monday, August 21, 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Grass area just north of Saluki Stadium 1415 Arena Dr. Carbondale, IL 62901
- Overnight security will be provided for the fair
- Vendors can register for the Crossroads Art and Craft Fair online through SIU Conference and Scheduling Services.
- To register by phone with a VISA, Discover, or MasterCard call Conference and Scheduling Services at 618/536-7751.
- Fax Art and Craft Fair brochure with credit card payment information to 618/453-5680.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618/536-7751 for any questions.
- All vendors must comply with Illinois Department of Revenue regulations.
- Only art and craft vendors selling their own works are eligible to participate in the Crossroads Art and Craft Fair.
- All work must be original, professional, and quality handmade wares of art. Imports, mass produced products or commercially obtained items (food, literature, books or magazines, etc.) cannot be sold or are allowed.
- Vendors must submit a photograph that represents their work with application. Photos may be emailed to email@example.com. Additional photos may be needed if there is a change in the craft sale items or at the request of the Art and Craft Fair Coordinator. The Crossroads Art and Craft board will review all submissions to ensure defined criteria are met.
- Art and craft vendors will be asked to remove items from their booth that do not meet the defined criteria.
- All art and craft vendors must provide information that will be reported to the Illinois Department of Revenue. In addition, you will be given a Special Events Tax Collection Report and Payment Coupon.
- Art and craft vendors are responsible for collecting their profits. The university is not responsible for any checks accepted.
- The following items are prohibited from the fair, including but not limited to guns, knives, weapons, drugs and drug related items, sexually explicit items and items that promote discrimination and/or hatred.
- Food trucks are not allowed. Any food items must be original in concept, and creative in nature to fit the theme of the Crossroads Art and Craft Fair.
- Tables and rented space may not be sub-leased, traded or given to other vendors.
- Booth spaces are 15’ x 15’. Tables are approximately 8’ by 30” wide. Tables and chairs are available for a fee. If art and craft vendors choose to provide their own setup, they must comply with the space requirements.
- Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines and regulations will cause forfeiture of privileges to participate in the sale.
- Premium and front-row area preference will be given to art and craft vendors demonstrating their craft.
- Only one vendor per booth is allowed.
- Overnight security will be provided for the fair, but vendors will exhibit at their own risk.
- There is a $25 non-refundable deposit. NO refunds after April 30, 2017.