Be part of history at the heart of the eclipse crossroads of America by reserving your vendor area at the Crossroads Astronomy, Science and Technology Expo. Located in the center of the public viewing venues hosting 50 thousand visitors on the SIU campus, the expo will be held the weekend and day of the Great American Eclipse in the SIU Arena. Millions across the US are expected to travel to the path of totality to see the eclipse which reaches its point of greatest duration just a few miles south of the city of the SIU campus. The expo will highlight organizations and businesses that specialize in solar, astronomy, science, and new technology. This expo is a unique opportunity to showcase your products and services to thousands of people from across the world with a passion for your products and services.
Booths are 10’x10’ and include 1 table, 2 chairs and pipe and drape.
$2,000: Commercial Booth – Commercial selling product or services
$1,000: Extra 10‘ x 10’ space
$500: Information Booth – No goods, services or funds are exchanged
$100: Electricity – Standard Electrical Outlet—5 Amp
$25/vehicle: Parking for 3 days
- August 20, 2017, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- August 21, 2017, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Load-in: Saturday, August 19, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Load-out: Monday, August 21, 5:00pm – 8:00pm
1400 Arena Dr.
Carbondale, IL 62901
- Vendors can register for the Expo online through SIU Conference and Scheduling Services.
- To register by phone with a VISA, Discover, or MasterCard call Conference and Scheduling Services at 618/536-7751.
- Fax Expo Fair brochure with credit card payment information to 618/453-5680.
- Please email email@example.com or call 618/536-7751 for any questions.
- Fee includes opening reception in the arena on evening of August 19, 2017, with VIP guests and sponsors.
- There is a $150 non-refundable deposit. NO refunds after April 30, 2017.
- Reduced rates can be applied for in exchange for assistance with visitor outreach and volunteering. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Requests will be reviewed by the planning committee, and limited number of organizations will be approved
- The Business or organization must fall into one of these categories:
- Professional Science and Astronomical Society
- Outreach Organization
- University / College / Research Institute
- Government Agency / Federal Laboratory
- Outreach Professional
- Booth must be staffed at all times.
- One entity per booth.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will cause forfeiture of privileges to participate in the expo.