Crossroads Astronomy and Technology Expo Vendor Information
Be part of history at the heart of the eclipse crossroads of America by reserving your vendor area at the Crossroads Astronomy, Science and Technology Expo. Located in the center of the public viewing venues hosting 50 thousand visitors on the SIU campus, the expo will be held the weekend and day of the Great American Eclipse in the SIU Arena. Millions across the US are expected to travel to the path of totality to see the eclipse which reaches its point of greatest duration just a few miles south of the city of the SIU campus. Expected viewers of the webcast / broadcast planned from the SIU campus in cooperation with WSIU and NASA are in excess of one billion people. The expo will highlight organizations and businesses that specialize in solar, astronomy, science, and new technology. This expo is a unique opportunity to showcase your products and services to thousands of people who will be on the SIU campus the weekend before, and the day of, the eclipse.
Booths are 10’x10’ and include 1 table, 2 chairs and pipe and drape.
$2,000: Commercial Booth 10’ x 10’ Commercial selling product or services
$750 Extra 10‘ x 10’ space
$500: Information Booth No goods, services or funds are exchanged
$100: Electricity Standard Electrical Outlet—5 Amp
$25/vehicle: Parking for 3 days
Fair Date/Time: Sunday, April 7, 9am – 5pm
Monday, April 8, 9am – 5pm
Load-in: Saturday, April 6, 7am – 10:30am
Load-out: Monday, April 8, 5pm – 8pm
Location: SIU Arena
1400 Arena Dr.
Carbondale, IL 62901
- There is a $150 non-refundable deposit. NO refunds after January 30, 2024.
- Reduced rates can be applied for in exchange for assistance with visitor outreach and volunteering. Please email email@example.com for an application. Requests will be reviewed by the planning committee, and limited number of organizations will be approved
- The Business or organization must fall into one of these categories:
- Professional Science and Astronomical Society
- Outreach Organization
- University / College / Research Institute
- Government Agency / Federal Laboratory
- Outreach Professional
- Booth must be staffed at all times.
- One entity per booth.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will cause forfeiture of privileges to participate in the expo.
- Vendor registration online: https://dce.siu.edu/wconnect/ace/CourseStatus.awp?&course=24V0900101
- To register by phone with a VISA, Discover, or MasterCard call Conference and Scheduling Services at 618/536-7751.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618/536-7751 for any questions.