Crossroads Art and Craft Fair
Be part of history at the heart of the eclipse crossroads of America by reserving your vendor area at the Southern Crossroads Art and Craft Fair. Located in the center of the public viewing venues hosting 50 thousand visitors on the SIU campus, the art and craft fair will be held the weekend and day of the Great American Eclipse at Saluki Row by the SIU Arena. Millions across the US are expected to travel to the path of totality to see the eclipse which reaches its point of greatest duration just a few miles south of the SIU campus. Expected viewers of the webcast / broadcast planned from the SIU campus in cooperation with WSIU and NASA are in excess of 1 billion people. This art and craft fair is a unique opportunity to showcase your quality handmade wares of art to thousands of people from across the world.
- $250: Booth, 15’x15’
- $35/each: Table with 2 chairs
- $100: Electricity
- $25/vehicle: Parking for 2 days
*Overnight security will be provided for the fair
Fair Date/Time: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 10:30am – 7pm
Monday, April 8, 2024, 9am – 5pm
Load-in: Sunday, April 7, 7am – 10:30am
Load-out: Monday, April 8, 5 – 8pm
Location: Saluki Row
1415 Arena Dr.
Carbondale, IL 62901
- Only art and craft vendors selling their own works are eligible to participate in the Crossroads Art and Craft Fair.
- All work must be original, professional, and quality handmade wares. Imports, mass produced products or commercially obtained items (food, literature, books or magazines, etc.) are not allowed.
- Vendors must submit a photograph that represents their work with application. Photos may be emailed to email@example.com. Additional photos may be needed if there is a change in the items or, at the request of the Art and Craft Fair Coordinator. The Crossroads Art and Craft board will review all submissions to ensure defined criteria are met.
- Art and craft vendors will be asked to remove items from their booth that do not meet the defined criteria.
- All art and craft vendors must provide information that will be reported to the Illinois Department of Revenue. In addition, you will be given a Special Events Tax Collection Report and Payment Coupon.
- Art and craft vendors are responsible for collecting their profits. The university is not responsible for any checks accepted.
- The following items are prohibited from the fair, including but not limited to guns, knives, weapons, drugs and drug related items, sexually explicit items and items that promote discrimination and/or hatred.
- Food trucks are not allowed. Any food items must be original in concept, and creative in nature to fit the theme of the Crossroads Art and Craft Fair.
- Tables and rented space may not be sub-leased, traded or given to other vendors. Only one vendor per booth is allowed.
- Booth spaces are 15’ x 15’. Tables are approximately 8’ by 30” wide. Tables and chairs are available for a fee. If art and craft vendors choose to provide their own setup, they must comply with the space requirements.
- Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines and regulations will cause forfeiture of privileges to participate in the sale.
- Premium and front-row area preference will be given to art and craft vendors demonstrating their craft.
- Overnight security is provided but vendors are responsible for securing their own wares and booth items.
- There is a $25 non-refundable deposit. NO refunds after January 30, 2024.
- Vendor registration online: https://dce.siu.edu/wconnect/ace/CourseStatus.awp?&course=24D0900301
- To register by phone with a VISA, Discover, or MasterCard call Conference and Scheduling Services at 618/536-7751.
- Fax participant registration form with credit card payment information to 618/453-5680.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618/536-7751 for any questions.