Eclipse Eve Live: Sky Observers Hangout
Join us on April 7, 2024 for this very special episode of Sky Observers Hangout, broadcast in front of a live audience from the steps of Shryock Auditorium at Southern Illinois University, as we prepare for a total solar eclipse that will cross North America on April 8. Adler’s astronomy educators, Michelle and Hunter, will ensure that you’re fully equipped to observe the eclipse yourself, but they won’t be alone! Special guests from SIU and NASA Edge will join them on-stream, so come with all your eclipse questions in the chat!
Date: Sunday, April 7, 2024
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Venue: Shryock Auditorium (Outside)
Rain Location: Shryock Auditorium (Inside)
Sky Observers Hangout is a production of the Adler Planetarium—the first planetarium in the Western Hemisphere! Located on Chicago’s lakeshore, the museum typically hosts more than half a million visitors each year and reaches millions more through youth STEAM programs, neighborhood skywatching events, people-powered research, and other outreach efforts. Today, the Adler is bringing our unique approach—scientific exploration rooted in community and connection—to guests from around the world who can enjoy the digital Adler from their own homes, libraries, schools or offices.
Sky Observers Hangout
- No registration or tickets are required attend this event (in person or online).
- On site visitors are welcome to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets as well as telescope equipment.
- Parking is free and open to the public – even faculty/staff lots as this event is over the weekend. We suggest parking in lot 2, 10, 11 or 13 as noted on our Visitor Parking Map.
- Limited concessions will be available for purchase on site.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Events and Outreach at (618) 453-7424 for any additional questions.